Y’all… I cannot even express to you how EXCITED I am to share today’s venue with you! Evergreen Museum and Library is quite possibly one of THE most stunning places I’ve ever been and is SUCH a hidden gem of Baltimore City. Yes… this gorgeous place is IN Baltimore. I walked around this property with my jaw wide open because… I literally felt like I was transported to Europe! There are SO many unique spaces that Evergreen has to offer, each more charming than the next.
Before becoming a museum and wedding venue, Evergreen was actually someone’s family home! (What?!) It was designed to entertain, and you sure can tell! Though the interior of the home is not available for weddings (there are more than enough spaces on the 26 acres of property… more on that in a second!), I got a quick tour through, and it really is spectacular! I just thought I would let you know before we really get this post started: if you want to see the home itself, they offer tours to the public Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. I highly recommend!
From the views that giant historic Main House has to offer, to the gorgeous back terrace that overlooks the garden, to the ceremony garden space, reception carriage house, sweeping meadow, charming stone walls & doorways… Evergreen has nearly everything that a couple tying the knot could ever desire! The Main House reminds me of something that you may see in Italy & the gardens are so incredibly peaceful. I had so much fun touring the property and took a few too many photos… lucky you, today’s blog post is filled with SO much gorgeousness!
Just a little fun fact for you: Evergreen is overseen by the same events team that oversees Peabody Library! Laura and Sam took the time to show me around both properties! It was so much fun to see these two again… they are SO incredibly helpful, knowledgable about the property, and know all of the best spots for photos (and how to get to and from each without getting lost! 🙌🏼)
- Baltimore, MD (4545 N. Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21210)
Website & Contact:
- evergreenevents.library.jhu.edu | email@example.com
- March-December: 170 guests with a ceremony on-site, 220 for a reception only, and 400 for a fully-tented Garden event.
- January-March: 150 guests seated
Included with Rental:
- Venue manager
- One security guard
- Tables and chairs are provided for use in the Carriage House
- Limited number of chairs and tables are available for cocktail receptions on the Terrace
- Preparation Suite is available one hour prior to ceremony start time if it is held in the Gardens
- Access to the Carriage House, Gardens & historic property
- Events utilizing the Gardens, Terrace, & Carriage House include 4 hours of setup. Events utilizing only the Carriage House include 3 hours of setup
- There is a large lawn area that can accommodate up to 100 cars with additional space for overflow parking. Evergreen requires either directional or full valet for events with more than 25 cars on the property.
I can’t get over how STUNNING (and diverse!) Evergreen’s property is! Shall we dive in?!
That door is SO cool!!! I couldn’t even believe that Evergreen is located IN Baltimore! They have SO much incredible green space! (26 whole acres of it!!) Evergreen’s architecture is just BEYOND stunning! This terrace is often used for cocktail hour! I mean… talk about STUNNING! Ceremonies are often hosted in the garden! Talk about one epic walk down the aisle! The bridal suite is the perfect place to get settled right before your ceremony! It is available one hour prior to the start of a ceremony. There are SO many spaces at Evergreen! Onto the Carriage House… this is where most of their receptions are held! Picture this: dining under the sweeping white tented space… and dancing the night away indoors, just through those gorgeous green doors! Dinner is often right there on the left… … and the party would get started in here!! This is the space in the back of the Carriage House! Couples have the option to use it for whatever they would like! There is a space for one side of the wedding party to relax in the back and plenty of space for guests to relax during the party too! After exploring the Carriage House, Laura and Sam showed me a few popular portrait spots… a gorgeous green meadow, historic and charming doors and stone walls, the stunning views that the Main House has to offer… Evergreen has a little something for everyone!!!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: