Raise your hand if you knew EXACTLY what you were going to wear to your engagement session?! Chances are, some of you are waving your hand up high… you knew exactly what you were going to want to wear to your engagement session the second you scheduled it! Some of you may be thinking: “Oh gosh… PLEASE don’t look my way! I am STILL trying to decide what I should wear for my engagement session, and it has been on my calendar for weeks!” If you just so happen to fall into the second category and struggle with deciding what to wear for your engagement session… you’re in luck!
Today’s post is specifically for the ladies that are still trying to decide what they should wear for their engagement session! I’ve actually written about this topic a few times before, so we’re not going to dive into what exactly I recommend you wear for your engagement session because we’re diving even deeper! You can get caught up on that here and here!
Today’s post is going to be short and sweet with a heavy dose of inspiration! I’m sharing some practical advice to help you find the pieces that you will absolutely love to wear during your engagement session! Best of all? This advice is certified by REAL CKP brides!
I offer all of my couples a pretty comprehensive style guide before we meet for their complementary engagement sessions. I offer suggestions of what guys and girls should both wear, how to build a color palette that compliments each other, tips for accessorizing and so much more! What I haven’t yet offered is a full LIST of where I recommend shopping for beautiful engagement session outfits! I am SO excited to offer this resource to you today!
This list was actually built in part by real CKP Brides that have all had their engagement sessions already so… they definitely know what they are doing! If you’ve been wondering where you should begin looking for engagement session worthy outfits, I highly recommend starting with any of the following store options! Many are online boutiques and shops, but quite a few have brick and mortar stores. I hope you find his list helpful!
- Rent the Runway: For when you want to look like a million bucks in a designer dress, without the million dollar price tag!
- Plum Pretty Sugar: Their floral maxi dresses are a little pricier, but they are literally what dreams are made of!
- Morning Lavender: I am obsessed with their dresses and tulle skirts… their prices are also pretty amazing!
- Altar’d State: They have so many cute dresses. I love the fun boho-chic vibe of so many of their maxi dresses!
- Lulu’s: They have dresses for every occasion! I’ve also bought a few dresses from Lulu’s as a wedding guest— they have the best sales!
- Ann Taylor Loft: Always a classic… Loft has so many adorable dresses and cute tops and bottoms. Best of all, they always seem to be having some kind of sale too!
- J. Crew & J. Crew Factory: J. Crew is one of my favorite places to shop myself! I love J Crew and J Crew Factory for dresses, jumpsuits, and tops and bottoms. Basically, you can’t go wrong! In the winter, they often have cute styled coats that make the perfect, practical addition to a winter session!
- ASOS: They’ve got everything you could ever need, plus tall sizes! I love ASOS for dresses!
- Show Me Your Mumu: Show Me Your Mumu has a little bit of everything, and I am obsessed with it all! It is on the pricier side, but their dresses are to die for! (PS: they also have a pretty amazing line of bridesmaids dresses!)
- Francesca’s: Another one of my personal favorite places to shop! Francesca’s is great for dresses, tops, bottoms, jumpsuits, accessories, and shoes! Basically, you can find just about everything you’ve ever wanted at Francesca’s!
Now… little outfit inspiration from REAL CKP Couples:
Kerri’s dress is from Morning Lavender! Maddie absolutely loves Altar’d State! Isn’t this dress just gorgeous?! I love how Lindsey and Zak chose to incorporate two different outfits into their engagement session. Both were absolutely perfect!Long and flow-y for rural sunset views and chic and classic for the Jefferson! The perfect balance for Anna and Darian’s two-part engagement session!Kaitlyn loves Francesca’s for dress shopping! (And I love her gorgeous dress!)I love Nicole’s layers for her fall engagement session. A chunky scarf is a practical (and adorable!) way to add dimension to your outfit.
Becky’s Rent the Runway WIN still has me like 😍. RTR came highly recommended by SO many people, myself included!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: